Finding your Passion, Swim in the River

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, plant, outdoor, water and nature

I love the river, I love swimming in the river, and I love doing river things with my boys. I am pretty sure if I had my own heaven, it would be swimming in the river with my boys forever. If I had a second choice it would be swimming, bike, and running in the Texas Hill Country forever with some r&r.

So I was thinking right now, even though I love to swim in the river, you know what? I hate getting in the river. The cold every time, the chill, the discomfort. I am used to it, but I also don't like the weeds. I have not seen many snakes but I am always thinking about them, or if I will ever encounter one. I also don't like sharing. This afternoon when Mathis and I went swimming we saw three other people in the hour we were there. In the middle of summer, there are thousands if not millions that visit the river. They trash it, disrespect it, cloudy it up. I understand tubing is fun, relaxing and a great way to spend time with friends and family. But the river is a 360-degree difference as it was this afternoon with the Mathis and I. It is the calm, the root of life, the clearness, the flow. This is what I love.

The best way to start the day is to swim in the river. Get some good exercise in. Feel the freshness and the life of the water. To see the daybreak and the light and the color on the river. It is the purest way to be alive in my mind.

As mention, there are many things that I can dislike or feel uncomfortable about going to and being in the river. If I was not willing to overcome these hurdles, to not have an open-mind or acceptance that it will be alright. It will not be uncomfortable the whole time, just a short bit. The weeds and snakes are more than likely not going to harm or hurt me. Also, most people don't have the ability or knowledge I do of swimming in the river, these things took time to overcome and learn. If I was unable to overcome all the things I could not find joy in swimming in the river. I would not find the love of life and peace of the river, the mindset of what this giver of life was all about.

Many things in life are like this. Can you think of anything in your life that you enjoy that had a period of learning or getting accustomed to? Did any pure joy in your life just come with ease? Think about the birth of a baby. My two sons are the joy of my life and I am sure of their mother. Although I did not have the experience or ability to carry them for nine months like she did. She had sacrifice, pain, inconvenience, learning, adaptation... the list goes on, right? The birth of a child is one of the most challenging parts of women's life, including the raising of children. Am I wrong? But our children give us pure joy and accomplishment of raising and teaching another human being to live. The love the compassion and patience it takes to raise children.

The moral of the story is to find the joy you will usually have to go through hardship, discomfort, and learning to enjoy. When was the last time you wanted to try something that you thought you might like or want to include in your life yet you came into a challenge or pain to learn that activity? Did you quit? Was it too hard? Did you fail to find the pleasure, joy in the peace of it? Do you know anyone that avoids challenge or discomfort? Are they outgoing or joyful in being stagnated? Do they complain that they do not have many things or experiences in their life? Do you see where I am going with all this?

You have to challenge yourself to find joy in life. You have to push yourself. You have to be uncomfortable to grow and to develop and to find your joy. Are you ready? Tell me what you are going to pursue. Tell me how you are going to Live to the Plus today, tomorrow and for all of next year, what are you going to do to challenge yourself and find your joy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waking up on Saturday Morning

Mono-cropping, Glyphosate our Soil and our Future

Living to the Plus- Connection- Networking- Groups - Mentors - Leaders- Servant Leaders