How to Workout in the Cold or Poor Weather

Image result for cold workout

Do you like the cold and rain? I personally will pick the hot and sweaty day over cold every time.

Do you have any cold stories while working out?

I think my worst cold experience was 2012 or so Tall Texan Triathlon. This was a half distance tri 70.3
It was a cold and windy day, about 45 degrees air temp with about a 20mph gusty wind. The water temps were in the 60s. The swim was the warmest part of the whole race! Getting on the bike, all I had was my wet tri suit and some thin arm warmers. The 45-degree air and 20mph headwind the first 20 miles of the bike ride. I was freezing and wanted to quit, but I saw other crazies in front of me so I kept going if they were going. I ended up getting top 1 overall that race!

Here are my top 5 tips for staying fit during the colder wetter months.

  1.  Either do it or don't, decide, let it go that 20min or however long you are going to be working out or competing in the cold. get over it.
  2.  Wear appropriate gear, make sure there is no immediate danger and listen to your body. If things are going blue or numb, remove yourself from the exposure.
  3. Pick something that will be fun or good at distracting your mind from the discomfort.
  4. Set your alarm for every 2 hours and get up at work or school to a 5-10 min workout routine (push-up, squat, pull-up, lunges, fast walk) all bodyweight that you can do anywhere.
  5. Go with a group so you have accountability, safety, and distraction.
If you want help with coming up with a winter workout routine or other health and fitness improvement feel free to text, call or email to 210.843.4130 nicktotheplus@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waking up on Saturday Morning

Mono-cropping, Glyphosate our Soil and our Future

Living to the Plus- Connection- Networking- Groups - Mentors - Leaders- Servant Leaders